With the help of Fantrax.com, we incorporate just about every facet of MLB baseball into our dynasty baseball scoring system, design and game-play. We utilize a Points, Head-to-Head, Weekly scoring system that awards for various accomplishments. You will never miss out on gaining an edge on the scoreboard using our universal format. Need more? Here’s a breakdown of our dynasty baseball leagues.
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Quick Outline
- $50 first year, $75 2nd year, 3rd year and beyond $100
- 12-14 teams per league for startups (depending on time & availability)
- LIVE Automated draft via Fantrax.com
- 40 man rosters + 3 man Minor League roster for startups (Rosters advance each year 2 slots up to 50, Minors gain 3 spots every year indefinitely)
- Slow draft with extended clock & email notifications via Fantrax.com Draft Room (if enabled by user)
- Daily Lineups, Weekly Head-to-Head matchups
- Payments made safely & securely to LeagueSafe.com
- Registration on DynastySportsEmpire.com required
New 2017 Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Rules/Adaptations
- As of 2017, any baseball owner that wishes to make a trade as of Monday May 14th, 2017 will need to submit a non-refundable $50 deposit towards the following season via LeagueSafe.com. Payment will be verified before the trade is processed. DSE will allow up to 48 hours for the payment and trade to be verified.
- The first 6 picks in the following seasons draft are now tradeable commodities for teams that make their trade deposit. Rounds 1-3 are Minor League Draft selections while actual Rounds 4-6 are considered the first 3 rounds of Free Agency. Please keep this in mind when negotiating draft selections.
- All 5-year player trade restrictions have been removed. Players with 3 and 4 years of cumulative service now only carry trade restrictions.
- Total Free Agent draft picks for existing, returning leagues determined by: Total roster spots (active + minor slots) MINUS keepers/credits = Free Agent draft pick total
APPROVED SCORING CHANGES
- Complete Game: Was +20, Now +15
- No Hitter: Was +40, Now +30
- Perfect Game: Was +50, Now +35
- Shutout: Was +20, Now +15
- Hit Batsmen Bonus level -15 removed (4 Hit Batsmen)
- Hit Batsmen Bonus Level -10 (3 Hit Batsmen) Now -5
- Pick Off: Was +5, Now +4
- Picked Off: Was -5, Now -4
- Stolen Base bonus level +15 removed (4 SBs)
- Stolen Base bonus level +10 (3 SBs) now +5, bonus level +5 (2 SBs) now +3
- Assists: Was N/A, Now .1 each
- Assists By Outfielder: Was N/A, Now 1.9 each (2 pts total for an OF assist)
- Any scoring play that is not reflected in the current rule set will not be added at any point during the season. Potential scoring plays that are deemed “unusual” or “rare” will be addressed by the DSE Admin team in the offseason and altered, if necessary, the following season. THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES DURING THE COURSE OF THE SEASON.
- Trades will require 24 hours for verification and processing. Any trade accepted after the first game of the current day has begun will be processed the following day once all games for the current scoring period have gone final. Owners are responsible for addressing any illegal roster issues that may come from accepting a lopsided trade.
- Yearly AMA or Amateur Draft will be renamed the “Minor League Draft” for informational purposes
- Minor League Draft will take place during the first 3 rounds of the yearly startup or free agent draft
- As of February 1st, 2017 the player pool will lock and no new, previously unsigned players will be able to enter the pool. The pool will unlock at the beginning of the following season and any players who were added to the league by Fantrax will be visible and eligible to be drafted at that time.
- Players with GREEN FLAGS are the ONLY players available for this portion of the draft
- Players drafted in the Minor League Draft will accumulate credits for your team as they would in the previous Amateur Draft (read below for credit information)
- Round 4 is the start of the Free Agent portion of the draft following the 3 round Minor League Draft
- The current player database will lock as of February 1st, 2017
- Players previously made unavailable as N/A will NOW be eligible in your Minor League or Free Agent draft.
- Players who previously were added to the database during the season will now only be available starting each new offseason, Minor League or Free Agent draft once the database is unlocked
- No NEW players will enter the database unannounced or randomly selected by our host site, Fantrax.com
- 12 and 14 team leagues will now have a 6 team postseason instead of 8 teams.
- The top 2 seeds in the league will get a bye in the first round of the postseason
- 12 and 14 team leagues will change to 2 divisions of 6 or 7 teams respectively, thus eliminating any odd number or lopsided number of teams in divisions. 16 team leagues will remain at 4 Divisions.
- Any team not cut down by the date and time noted on each league home page on Fantrax.com will forfeit 3 Adds per day starting at Noon EST on the preset day. Teams will continue to lose 3 adds per day, at Noon each day until cuts are made.
Draft Pick Conversion Chart
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Yearly Entry Fees & Payment Structures
- 1st Year – $50.00
- 2nd Year – $75.00
- 3rd Year and beyond – $100.00
Fantasy Baseball GUARANTEED Dynasty League Prize Pools
- Year 1 – $650
- Year 2 – $1000
- Year 3 and Up – $1400
- Year 1 – $550
- Year 2 – $850
- Year 3 and Up – $1200
- Year 1 – $450.00
- Year 2 – $700.00
- Year 3 and Up – $1000.00
- Year 1 – $350
- Year 2 – $600
- Year 3 and Up – $800.00
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Awards
Our payouts provide everyone in the league a chance to make back some cash even in a lost season. We award payouts to the following:
- League Champion: 40% of the total league pot
- Runner-Up: 15% of the total league pot
- Regular Season Champion: 15% of the total league pot
- Division Winners (4 max): 10% each team for 2 Divison leagues, 5% each team for 4 Divison leagues
- Cy Young (Most Pitcher FP from Starts): 5% of the total league pot
- MVP (Most Hitter FP from Starts): 5% of the total league pot
Prize Pool is determined by: LeagueSafe.com Collected Fees :: (minus) Fantrax.com Hosting Services :: (minus) Administration Fee taken by DSE (Not to exceed $200 of the total pot) = Total League Prize Pool
Dynasty Rosters (Start-up Leagues ONLY)
- Each new start-up will draft 40 roster spots with growth every year of 2 (two) additional spots every year to accommodate Free Agents. Active MLB Rosters max-out at 50 in year 5. (not including Minors Rosters).
- Minors Rosters will advance 3 slots every year to accommodate the players selected in the Minor League Draft. Slots will be added shortly after the Minor League Draft has concluded.
- Zero positional limitations. You decide how many players to keep and draft at each position.
- Add/Drops start from Day 1 until the end of our Fantasy Regular Season (April 3rd – September 5th 2016). All remaining add/drops will be forfeited as of Noon, Sept. 5th
- Rosters will be set to the league max for your specific league as of April 1st. Any excess players will need to be dropped as of this time if you are to avoid any illegal roster scenarios.
- Waiver Wire/Free Agent acquisitions are First Come, First Serve.
- Each year you are able to keep 25 players PLUS any Minor League or Veteran Credits you have earned during your tenure. NOTE: “Credit” information posted below.
|1st Base (1B)||1|
|2nd Base (2B)||1|
|3rd Base (3B)||1|
|Left Field (LF)||1|
|Center Field (CF)||1|
|Right Field (RF)||1|
|Utility (Any Hitter) (UT)||1|
|Starting Pitcher (SP)||5|
|Relief Pitcher (RP)
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Roster Grid
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Scoring
Caught Stealing (CS): -4 point(s) for every 1 CS
Doubles (2B): 1 point(s) for every 1 2B
Errors (E): -2
Grand Slams (Sl): 10
Hit By Pitches (HBP): 1
Hit For The Cycle (Cyc): 20
Hits (H): 1 point(s) for every 1 Hit
Home Runs (HR): 5 point(s) for every 1 HR
Intentional Walks (IBB): 1
Picked Off (PKO): -4
Runs Batted In (RBI): 1 point(s) for every 1 RBI
Runs Scored (R): 1
Stolen Bases (SB): 4 point(s) for every 1 SB
Strikeouts (SO): -1
Triples (3B): 2 point(s) for every 1 3B
Walks (BB): 1 point(s) for every 1 BB
Total Bases (TB): 0.25
Assists (A): .1
Assists By Outfielder (AOF): 1.9
Balks (Bk): -5
Blown Saves (BS): -7
Complete Games (CG): 15
Earned Runs Allowed (ER): -1
Errors (E): -2
Hit Batsmen (HB): -2 point(s) for every 1 HB
Hits Allowed (H): -1
Holds (Hld): 5
Losses (L): -10
No Hitters (NH): 30
Perfect Games (PG): 35
Pickoffs (PKO): 4 point(s) for every 1 PKO
Quality Starts (QS): 15
Saves (Sv): 10
Shutouts (ShO): 15
Strikeouts Pitched (K): 1 point(s) for every 1 K
Walks Allowed (BB): -1
Wins (W): 10
Modified Outs Recorded (MOR): 1
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Tenured Player Rules
Trade Deadline is August 7th, 2017
TRADE RESTRICTIONS & TENDER RULES
Leagues use 3-Year Trade Restriction program that provides a sense of realistic, binding contractual ties to a player who has been a staple on your team. Once a player has completed his 3rd full season on your team he falls under our Trade Restriction Guidelines. If traded, the following outline of draft picks will be forfeited and if necessary payment for the following season will be required. Here is the breakdown of our Trade Restriction Guidelines and forfeiture outline:
- Trading a 3rd year player would result in forfeiture of a FREE AGENT pick starting with a 5th round from BOTH teams involved
- Trading of 2 3rd year players from the same team will result in forfeiture of 2 FREE AGENT picks starting with 5th and 4th rounds from BOTH teams.
- Trading of a 4th year player will result in forfeiture of a FREE AGENT pick starting with 3rd round from BOTH teams
- Trading of 2 4th year players from the same team will result in forfeiture of 2 fa picks starting with 3rd and 2nd rounds from both teams.
- Any trade that results in multiple players of various years being dealt, the Empire will always use the highest status player as the forfeiture guideline. EXAMPLE – If a 3rd and 4th year player is traded for a 3 year player the two 4 year players cancel out and the 3rd year player remains in play as part of the restriction compensation rules.
- Once a player hits his 5th year, he no longer requires forfeiture of picks
- There is no required forfeiture in the event that two teams trade players with equal service time.
- The league commissioner will assign the correct forfeiture to each trade as it appears on the Fantrax.com trade confirmation screen. Once the trade is sent for submission it will be processed and accepted by the league. The trade will not be processed if the forfeited picks are not available.
Draft Pick Conversion Chart
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Minor League Draft
- The Minor League Draft is ONLY for players with GREEN FLAGS as displayed on Fantrax Player page as their official status
- Each roster will be given 3 additional Minor League slots yearly to accommodate Minor League Draft selections.
- For startup leagues, the reverse order of the Free Agent draft will be used for the Minor League draft in Year 1 only.
- Said player will earn you a credit toward your following off-season drop total.
EXAMPLE: Each year you are able to keep 25 players IN ADDITION to any credits you have accumulated. Having 2 Minor League Draft players on your roster at the end of the season allows you to keep 27 players (25+2=27) thus rewarding you for drafting well and building your team via the draft.
- These “Rookies” or “Minor Leaguers” earn you a credit EVERY season they remain on your roster. Once traded they lose that credit until they become 3 year tenured players on another team after their 3rd full season on the new roster.
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Free Agent Draft
- The Free Agent Draft order will be the same throughout the entire draft for existing leagues. Start-up Dynasty Leagues use a serpentine or snake draft for their first year.
- Non-Playoff teams will automatically have their draft position determined by the end of regular season standings. Last place team receives 1st available draft pick.
- As you are eliminated from playoff contention the team with the lowest regular season winning % will earn the next best draft slot.
- FA picks may be traded at will.
- Free agent draft clock is 3 hours per pick. The Draft clock is on from 10am EST to 11pm EST daily until the draft is completed.
- In the event you miss a Free Agent draft selection the system will make a selection for you based on your queue first then by ADP for the current season.
Important Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Information
- The number of cuts for each team is different due to the number of Minor League players kept on your roster PLUS any 3+ year tenured players.
- CUTS are due 7 days after the final league payment is made. In the event any team is not cut down by the 12pm noon on the 7th day each team not in compliance will lose 3 Adds per day at Noon EST each day.
- Once any player reaches 3yrs of continuous service, they in turn will also give you a credit towards your CUTS.
- Rosters will expand to accommodate Minor League Picks every year as CUTS will expand to protect your teams growth.
- DROPS will come from your final Regular Season Roster ONLY.
- Your offseason cannot begin until CUTS and payment has been made.
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Divisional Re-Alignment Guidelines
Each year the divisions will realign in an effort to keep the competition strong between teams. There are three ways that Divisions can and will be realigned, outlined below:
- Standard: The team who wins their division moves up to the next best division, the team who finishes last in their respective division moves down one division.
- Retraction: If for any reason a league retracts to a lesser number of teams than the year before, DSE will realign the divisions based on the final Fantasy Regular Season standings from the previous year. Teams 1-14 will be listed in a 5-5-4, three division realignment, teams 1-12 will be listed in order in a 4-4-4 division realignment.
- Startup: All startup leagues will have divisions aligned according to draft order. Once Fantrax has randomized and posted the draft order DSE will list each team from 1-16 in their corresponding four division setup as 4-4-4-4.
- 2017 Change: All 12 and 14 team leagues will separate divisions based on the 2016 final season standing (Top half in Division A, Bottom Half in Division B). 16 team leagues will continue to use the current format.
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Postseasons
- Division winners will earn playoff bids but will be seeded by overall league standings. Reseeding occurs each Round.
- 6 teams will advance to the Postseason in a 12 or 14 team league, 8 teams make the postseason in all 16 team leagues. Postseason begins Monday, September 4th, 2017.
- Championship matchup is 2 weeks/periods combined in duration, quarter and semi-final contests last one week/period.
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Add/Drop Guidelines
- Each team is given 42 Add/Drops to use during the Fantasy Regular season.
- All remaining Add/Drops are terminated at 12:00pm NOON during the first Monday of the fantasy postseason.
- All Add/Drops are a first come first serve transaction. Moves are non-transferrable and do not carry over from one season to the next.
- Add/Drops begin accumulating once your Free Agent draft is complete. The pool of available players opens immediately after the conclusion of your leagues Free Agent draft.
- Rosters will be set to the league max for your specific league as of April 1st. Any excess players will need to be dropped as of this time if you are to avoid any illegal roster scenarios.
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League Trades / Player Movement
- Trades must be done, once the league host is ready, using the transaction feature only.
- Trades may be completed once all teams are official (Fees paid, cuts made)
- Trades may take up to 24 hours for verification and processing, please plan accordingly. Upon receipt of your processed trade email your roster may become illegal due to an overage on your roster. It is the owners responsibility to check their roster for accuracy and proper eligibility.
- Trades will not be processed once the first game of the day has started.
- Multi-player or lopsided trades may be made. Vacancies can be filled using one of your add/drops.
- The owner with the surplus must drop, at minimum, one player to make room on their roster.
- Trade restrictions will be imposed on any player inside his window of 3-5 years of cumulative service.
- Future picks can be traded if both owners submit payment for the season(s) their picks are involved.
Fantasy Baseball Dynasty Tie Breakers
The following tie-breakers are used for Regular Season Titles, Division Titles, Playoff Spots, Playoff Seeding and Rookie or Free Agent Draft Order
- Most fantasy points for entire season
- Head-to-head record vs. team(s) tied with
- Best division record for entire season
Custom and Partner Fantasy Baseball Dynasty Leagues
- We offer businesses, blogs and other groups a great networking opportunity by participating in our Partner Leagues and having the option to have their brand associated with the League Name.
- We create the league with our settings then turn it over to you and your co-workers or friends to enjoy.
- We promote your business or group in our weekly Google Hangouts, on our site as well as on Twitter to complete the networking circle.
- Contact us a few months in advance to secure your league in time for the upcoming season.
DSE reserves the right to change, alter or amend any league guideline at any time. Based on recent developments some undrafted leagues may have time constraints that lead to changes in structure or standing. Contact our Fantasy League Commissioner, Darryl DiRocco for any questions or concerns.
ALL PAYMENTS TO OUR THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SITE, LEAGUESAFE.COM, ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE
Dynasty Sports Empire reserves the right to manage and maintain the integrity and longevity of its leagues by issuing judgments made by the Dynasty Sports Empire Administrative team. League changes, rulings and outcomes may be overturned at any time if the Administration does not believe said outcome was in the best interest of the league. Administration voting occurs and decides the outcome of any scenario that may be deemed inappropriate or not in the leagues best interest.
Fair Play and Conduct
While fantasy baseball is usually an extremely competitive endeavor, it is important to remember that enjoyment of the game is predicated on a certain level of sportsmanship displayed by the participants. Occasionally, some team owners intentionally or unknowingly cross the line.
PRIZE-ELIGIBLE LEAGUE RULES
*Payouts will require a minimum of 30 days for processing from the date marking the end of the current season which is on or about October 1st.
- A: More than one team in the same league
- One person can’t control more than one team in the same league. If two or more teams in the same league are under the same account, they must be controlled by different people sharing that account, but not sharing the teams. Violation of this will lead to cancellation of the teams and expulsion from the game.
- If an owner finds himself in this situation by accident, he/she should e-mail the League Office immediately and explain the situation.
- B: Collusive transactions
- Collusion occurs when one team makes moves to benefit another team, without trying to improve its own position. One-sided trades are an obvious example of this. Another example is when a player drop is made so another team can pick up that player. Teams found in violation of this policy will be cancelled and their owners prohibited from participating in future Fantasy Games.
- C: Impeding other owners
- Certain transactions made solely to impede other owners is not allowed. Tanking games for the sole purpose of denying another player’s chance to make the playoffs is against the rules. In particular, cycling through players in free agency to put them on waivers and make them unavailable to other teams in your league is strictly prohibited and is grounds for expulsion from the game.
- D: Roster Dumping
- Owners that are found to have dumped their players to the player pool in an attempt to undermine the league may be subject to expulsion from the game. If you are giving up on the season, we ask that you maintain league strength by providing the other owners with the most competitive team you are able to field.
- E: Owner interaction
- Owners should always be polite and gracious when dealing with one another. Threats and obscenities are not only against the Rules, they are illegal in many jurisdictions. Owners that are found to have sent threatening email to another owner will be warned and/or kicked out of the game completely. This extends to message board posts as well.
- F: Offensive posts
- Any posts of a derogatory nature are strictly prohibited, whether it is in a chat room, message board or on a league’s bulletin board. This includes personal attacks and sexist or racist remarks. There will be a zero tolerance level – if someone in your league is violating this policy, please contact the League Office.
- G: Inactivity
- In order to maintain the integrity of the league, the commissioner may contact owners of teams that remain inactive for extended periods of time. The commissioner will send notification to the email of record. Shortly thereafter, if the team remains inactive, the commissioner reserves the right to reassign ownership of the inactive team.
- Team Management: Dynasty Sports Empire has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards any team owner who cannot perform the two basic tasks of Fantasy Baseball League gameplay: Setting a Lineup and trying to win every game you possibly can. Those who choose to neglect their lineup or team needs and cannot set a legal roster could face discipline up to and including removal from any Dynasty Sports Empire contest without refund. Discipline is decided upon by the Administration team. All rulings are final and cannot be appealed, reversed or changed. Activity is defined by the monitoring of daily log-in attempts, daily lineup changes and general daily roster maintenance.
The game is for fun! Creating confrontation in your league inevitably leads to a bad game experience for all involved. Play hard, but play fair! DynastySportsEmpire.com acts as the League Manager for all Prize-Eligible Leagues. The League Manager has the power to rule on all aspects of Dynasty Sports Empire’s Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League games, including but not limited to: League business, player trades, infractions of these rules and disputes among franchise owners. The League Commissioner will investigate all overall winners for collusion before awarding overall prizes and it has the right to disqualify owners or remove them from the league if deemed necessary. The decisions of the League Commissioner shall be final and irreversible. The League Commissioner has the right to make any necessary changes to the game and rules as the season progresses. Any changes will be properly noted on the homepage of the league. The use of DynastySportsEmpire.com and participation in the Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League game are subject to Fantrax.com’s guidelines which is incorporated into this rule set and the Fantrax.com Legal Restrictions.
Leagues are filling as you read this. Please feel free to contact us or tweet us at @LawrenceAMarino for more info. Thank you for choosing Dynasty Sports Empire and we’ll see you on the virtual diamond!