DSE Dynasty Fantasy Hockey League
With the help of Fantrax.com, we incorporate just about every major facet of NHL hockey into our scoring system, design and game-play. We utilize as many stats to accurately reflect what the players are doing on the ice. Watch your player score a Hat Trick and light up your scoreboard!
- Start at 35 with growth every year to accommodate Rookie Draft signees.
- Zero roster limitations. You decide how many players to keep at each position.
- Add/Drops start from Day 1 until the end of our Fantasy Regular Season (Week 21).
- There is no waiver order. We feel, the owner who gets to the player first deserves to sign him.
- There are limited number of Add/Drops per season (22) that you’ll need to properly manage in order to maintain roster.
You will be able to keep a majority of your rostered players (determined # each year) for the remainder of their NFL career. There are a number of ways to impact how many you can keep every year. The opportunities to build and develop your squad into a yearly contender are endless. This is a long term commitment with no tolerance for “one and done” types. The teams who stick it out and manage their team with even the minimal amount of attention can be successful. Quitters never win and winners never quit!
ROSTERED PLAYERS/CUTS FOR OFFSEASON
- 1st Year : 35 players/18 cuts, minus credits earned for DSE Rookie Draft eligible players
- 2nd Yr : 37/20
- 3rd Yr : 39/22
- 4th Yr and beyond: 40/23
All league fees are due August 1st for EXISTING LEAGUE MEMBERS
Draft will begin 24 hours after the last league fee is paid.
· League Champion – 40%
· Runner Up – 10%
· Regular Season Champion – 10%
· Division Champion’s – Split 15%(2 divisions 7.5% each, 3 division, 5% each)
· Vezina(Top fantasy scoring goalie), Hart(Top fantasy scorer), Norris(Top fantasy scoring defenseman), Rocket Richard(Top goal scorer), Calder(Top fantasy scoring rookie) trophy winners 5% each
EXPANSION TEAM/1st YEAR PAYMENT STRUCTURE
1st Year – $50.00
2nd Year – $75.00
3rd Year and beyond – $100.00
All roster size limits are removed during the off-season to accommodate trades. There is no roster freeze period in DSE leagues. Trades may be completed between any teams that have paid or earned credit towards the following season.
The Rookie, Expansion (if necessary) and Free Agent Draft order will be the same throughout the entire draft. The draft order will be determined by the order of finish for the Playoffs & Championship. The bottom four teams (10 team league) will automatically have their draft position determined by the end of the regular season, Week 21, according to Win %, then most points scored.
As you are eliminated from playoff contention, the team with the lowest regular season winning % will earn the next best draft slot for the following season. Once draft is completed all teams will take their roster into NHL camp and preseason. Only trades will be allowed as transactions. Drops will be accepted at any time during the post-draft session. The open Free Agent period, when you can begin to add players via Free agency, will begin once every team has cut their rosters down to the XX-man roster max.
**For 1st Year Leagues, a serpentine draft order will be used for the 1st year ONLY. Reverse order for the Free Agent draft of the yearly Rookie Draft**
**Roster maximums vary depending on the year your league is in**
Any player can be waived or released for any available free agent player. If a team is under the XX-man threshold, they may add players at will until they reach the max during the open Free Agency period.
Draft Event Info
- Drafts are facilitated and managed by one of our Admins in our Skype Community
- Each league has a designated “Draft Room” within the Skype Community
- All Drafts begin once all members have paid and the draft order has been determined
- Draft order is determined, for start up leagues, via random lottery
- Drafts are considered a “Slow Draft” with 6 hours per team, per pick and usually take up to 3 weeks to complete (30 Round AVG)
- Drafts that start later than September 1st will have an ammended schedule/clock for their draft (4 hours per pick as opposed to the full 6 hours)
- In the event that a league fills inside 2 weeks of opening day for any sport a one day, host supported (Fantrax, MFL etc.) draft will be utilized. You may need to adjust your schedule to make the draft via computer or mobile device
- Teams are notified via email when league is full and when the draft will begin
- All draft times are local and the clock runs from 8am-Midnight local time, everyday until the draft is completed
- Once all teams are paid and confirmed the draft may begin unless a predetermined date has been set
- All draft picks are entered into a fully visible online document via GoogleDocs
Each team will be awarded 3 Rookie Draft picks to begin their season. These picks can be traded at any time. The players selected in the Rookie Draft are the ONLY players eligible for the Rookie of the Year Award. The players selected in the Rookie Draft can only be waived/released before cut down day during their first season. After cutdown day, Rookies cannot be released or waived, only traded to another team during their first season. If traded they will lose their Rookie status and thus becomes ineligible for ROY. The Rookie Draft is for incoming first year players ONLY. Players selected in the Rookie Draft will register one credit for their owner towards Free Agency cuts the following season, for the lifetime of their tenure on any team*. Rookie Draft players cannot be submitted as a DROP for Free Agent draft until all mandatory cuts have been made. Any undrafted Rookie becomes a Free Agent at the end of the Rookie Draft
**You are receiving a credit for keeping any 1st Year player on your roster for a entire season**
Each expansion team will be awarded 2 exclusive Free Agent picks. These picks are made before any returning team has a chance to select any Free Agent player. Teams that did not return have had all players returned to the eligible Free Agent pool. Expansion Draft picks are non-transferable cannot be traded prior to the pick selection. The Expansion Draft order is determined by two DSE Commanders in your Skype league chat-room via lottery.
**If necessary; in established leagues only**
FREE AGENT DRAFT
All returning teams are awarded one (1) Free Agent pick per player dropped or cut during the off-season. Expansion teams will be awarded 30 Free Agent picks to fill their roster (2 EXP + 3 Rookie + 30 FA = 35 Total Players). Free Agent picks may be traded at will.
You may Drop players ONLY, at will anytime between the end of the draft and the roster cutdown day.
Starting rosters are as follows; 4 Centers, 4 Right Wing, 4 Left Wing, 6 Defensemen, and 1 Goalie.
Each year every team will have one RIVAL match-up. RIVALS are selected during the final rounds of your League Draft. Returning winners of the RIVAL game are given priority and will be allowed to “Re-Up” with their previous seasons challenger. Rival teams will play 3 times during the year. As much as possible it will be the first week, all-star week(2 weeks combined), and last week of the season. The winner is determined by which team scores the most total points during those 3 weeks. The winner of the RIVAL game will earn a sandwich pick between the 2nd and 3rd Free Agent Rounds. Winning RIVAL teams who have lost their previous challenger will select their new opponent from the loser or new team pool. The worst team from the previous year that won their RIVAL game will pick their opponent first. (See priority rule above)
MIDNIGHT MADNESS EVENT
Each league features a “Midnight Madness” scenario where during the week prior to opening day each team has the chance to perform free Add/Drops if they are at or under the roster threshold. Midnight Madness dates are different for each league. Teams will be notified via email and are to report to their respective Skype chatroom for access to the first hour of transactions. At 12AM EST of the predetermined date (usually 6-8 days prior to opening day) all teams may post their first come, first served claim in the Skype chatroom LIVE in real-time. The owner with the first, correctly posted transaction gets to claim that player. Claims are for any and all available Free Agents listed in your league specific database.
Midnight Madness Skype Guidelines
- ONLY one transaction per post in Skype Chatroom
- Once a player has been released he can be added immediately by another team
- All transactions must use correct terminology ie; ADD Player A (Full Name, no abbreviations), DROP Player B (Full Name)
- All transactions are awarded according to time stamp on League Admin screen. Proof of time stamp (screenshot) will be provided for disputes.
Each team is given 1 Add/Drop per Regular Season Match-up, as per DSE Universal Settings. All Add/Drops are a first come first serve transaction. Add/Drops are non-transferable and do not carry over from one season to the next.
Any Non-Expansion Draft Pick or player can be traded. Trades can be done via text, email, phone and in person. There will be no rescinding of trades. Once the league is notified by both parties it is a done deal. Multi-player or lopsided trades may be made. If so, the team with the roster vacancy may fill it without being charged an Add/Drop. The owner with the surplus must drop one player to make room on their roster. Trade Deadline is at 12AM Tuesday, during Week 19 every year.
TRADE RESTRICTIONS & TENDER RULES
Leagues use 3-Year Trade Restriction program that provides a sense of realistic, binding contractual ties to a player who has been a staple on your team. Once a player has completed his 3rd full season on your team he falls under our Trade Restriction Guidelines. If traded, players need to be sent with minimum compensation in the form of draft picks and payment for the following season. Here is the breakdown of our Trade Restriction Guidelines and minimum compensation:
If you are acquiring a….5th Year Player
You would need to include in your deal a…1st-3rd RD FA & 1st-2nd RD Rookie
For 5th Year Players: Choose any 2 picks: 1st-3rd Round FA & 1st-2nd Round Rookie
For 4th Year Players: Choose any 1 pick 2nd-4th Round FA OR 1st-3rd Round Rookie
For 3rd Year Players: Choose any 1 pick 3rd-5th Round FA OR 2nd-3rd Round Rookie
- The division winners will earn the top seeds in the playoffs
- The final playoff spots will be given to the teams with the most wins
- Champion will be crowned at the end of Week 24
- At the conclusion of each season the worst team in the Division will move down to the lower division
- The Division winning teams will move up
- Roster size limits are removed in the off-season
- Any cuts or changes will need to be done the week of opening day
- Every team will be designated a certain number of drops during the off-season
- “Drops” can only come from your final roster
- No players acquired in the off-season can be used as part of your mandatory drops for the Free Agent Draft
- For each “Rookie” or Tenored player (3 or more years of continuous service) you will receive one credit towards your mandatory drops or cuts
- Rookies are players who are drafted in the Rookie Draft and have never been dropped, waived, released or traded
- Rookies who stay on your roster become 3 year Tenored players
- Each team is required to submit their Free Agent drops by August 1st each year
- Each team is required to submit payment for the following season by August 1st
- Draft picks will be made available for trade immediately after payment is submitted
Settings & Scoring
|Game Winning Goal||2|
|Short Handed Point||2|
|Power Play Goal||1|
|Power Play Assist||.5|
|Face Off Win||.05|
|Shot on Goal||.1|
|Save||.1 for 0-20.15 for 20-30.2 for 30-40.4 for 40+|
|Shootout Goal against||-.5|
- Your league stats begin accumulating on: Sat Jan 19, 2013
- Your league stats end accumulating on: Sat Apr 27, 2013
- Merge first two periods of season: Yes
- Merge last two periods of season: No
- Scoring Period Interval: Weekly
- Scoring Period day to start: Monday
- Every team plays each other every period: No
- Use Playoffs: Yes
- Playoffs will begin in this Scoring Period: 12 (Apr 8/13 – Apr 14/13) and last for 3 periods (rounds).
- Playoff matchups entered manually: No
- Number of teams qualifying for playoffs 6
- Playoff Seeding: Division winners get top playoff seeds
- Reseed each playoff round: Yes
- * To view the playoff bracket, go to the Standings screen and click on the Playoffs tab.
- Player Pool: All teams
- Players traded out of league’s player pool continue to accumulate stats: Yes
- Only include players signed to a NHL team in the player pool: Yes
- Lock Player Pool: No
- Minimum Total Players: 0
- Maximum Total Players: 37
- Minimum Active Players: 0
- Maximum Active Players: 19
- Maximum Reserve Players: Unlimited
- Maximum Injury Reserve Players: Not Used
- Maximum Minor League Players: Not Used
- Prevent illegal rosters: Always
- Injury Reserve Enforcement type: None
|Pos||Min Active||Max Active||Total Max||Min GP||Max GP|
|Left Wing (LW)||0||4|
|Right Wing (RW)||0||4|
Other Roster Preferences
- Allow players to play at an ineligible position without making the roster illegal: No
|Scoring Group||Scoring Category||Position||Points|
Faceoffs Won (FOW)
Game Winning Goals (GWG)
Hat Tricks (HT)
Game Misconduct Penalties (GMiP)
Penalty Minutes (PIM)
Power Play Assists (PPA)
Power Play Goals (PPG)
Shots on Goal (SOG)
Short Handed Points (SHP)
Shootout Goals Against (ShGA)
Goals Against (GA)
|Default||Calculate Per Game, Non Cumulative:
From 0 to 1, award 8 point(s) for every 1 GA
From 2 to 2, award 5 point(s) for every 1 GA
From 3 to 3, award 2 point(s) for every 1 GA
From 4 to 4, award 0 point(s) for every 1 GA
From 5 to 5, award -2 point(s) for every 1 GA
From 6 to 6, award -5 point(s) for every 1 GA
From 7 to 7, award -8 point(s) for every 1 GA
From 8 to 20, award -10 point(s) for every 1 GA
Penalty Minutes (PIM)
|Default||Calculate Per Game, Cumulative:
From 0 to 20, award 0.1 point(s) for every 1 SV
From 20 to 30, award 0.15 point(s) for every 1 SV
From 30 to 40, award 0.2 point(s) for every 1 SV
From 40 to 150, award 0.4 point(s) for every 1 SV
Goalie Points (GPt)
Shootout Saves (ShSv)
Team Minimum and Maximum Requirements per Scoring Period
- If a maximum has been met or exceeded: Do nothing.
- If a minimum has not been met by end of scoring period: Do nothing.
Other Scoring Preferences
- Score Flex positions by the players’ actual positions: No
- Count 0-0 scores as wins, losses or ties: Yes
- Lineup Change System: Owners enter lineup changes
- Lineup changes are executed: Daily
- Lineup Changes are locked 0:10 (hours:minutes) Set amount of time before each player’s game of the day
- Trade System: Owners propose their own trades
- Trading Period: All Year
- Maximum Trades per Team: Unlimited
- Trade Deadline Date: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:59 PM EDT
- Trade Voting System: None
- Claim/Drop Privileges: Owners perform their own claims & drops
- Max # of claims per season: 15 ( Free Agents: 15 , Waiver Wire: Not Used )
- Max # of claims per week: Unlimited
- Use Waiver Wire process: No
- Allow claims/drops before the draft: Yes
- Can’t drop list: Not Used
- Pending claims/drops are viewable by: One’s own team
- Free Agent Claim System: Free for all (1st come 1st serve)
- Pending claims/drops are viewable by: One’s own team
- Draft Type: Offline
- Draft order type: Manual – Non-Serpentine
- Draft order: Raleigh Hurricanes, Ohio PEN 15 Lightning, Alert Tundra, Budd Lake Bad Boys, Boston Brewcrew, Hackettstown Devils, Bay Area Sharks, Detroit Muscle, Edmonton Oily Scorgasms, Denver Rum Runners
- Undrafted players go to the: Free Agent pool
|Standings Tie Breakers|
|1. Most wins in entire season|
|2. Most fantasy points for entire season|
|3. Head-to-head record|
|Matchup Tie Breakers|
Custom and Partner Leagues
- We offer businesses, blogs and other groups a great networking opportunity by participating in our Partner Leagues and having the option to have their brand associated with the League Name.
- We create the league with our settings then turn it over to you and your co-workers or friends to enjoy.
- We promote your business or group in our weekly BlogTalkRadio podcast, on our site and on Twitter to complete the networking circle.
- Contact us a few months in advance to secure your league in time for the upcoming season.