Empire Fantasy Basketball Roto Leagues Outline
- $50 first year ($450 total pot), $75 2nd year ($700 total pot), 3rd year and beyond $100 ($1000 total pot)
- 12 teams per league for startups; at times a 10 team league may be available
- LIVE Rookie & Free Agent drafts via Fantrax.com
- 12 team leagues = 25 man rosters + 8 Minors // 10 team leagues = 22 man rosters + 5 minors
- Slow draft with extended clock & email notifications via Fantrax.com (if enabled)
- Payments made safely and securely to LeagueSafe.com
- You are able to keep a maximum of 12 players each year. In addition to the standard number of keepers you can also retain any players noted on your Fantrax roster as R1, R2 or 3 and up without fear of having to cut them. These are what we refer to as “Credits”. Read more about our “Credit” system below.
FANTASY BASKETBALL GUARANTEED ROTO LEAGUE PRIZE POOLS
- Year 1 – $450.00
- Year 2 – $700.00
- Year 3 and Up – $1000.00
- Year 1 – $350.00
- Year 2 – $600.00
- Year 3 and Up – $800.00
Fantasy Basketball Roto League New Rules & Amendments for 2015-2016
- As of 2016-17, any team that wishes to make a trade after Week 6 of the Fantasy Basketball regular season will need to submit a non-refundable $50 deposit towards the following season. Payment will be verified before the trade is processed. DSE will allow up to 48 hours for the payment and trade to be verified. Trades prior to Week 6 (Free Agent Draft excluding) that require the exchange of draft picks in future seasons will be subject to this.
- League drafts will now be held exclusively on Fantrax.com. One overall draft, first 3 rounds are dedicated to ROOKIES ONLY and the following rounds are dedicated to Free Agents; will be held consecutively for each league.
- Any player with less than 42 games played will be eligible to stay on your Minor League Roster. Fantrax will update the status of your players every day and you will be notified on your league team page once a player has created an illegal roster for you based on their current NBA status. Players may remain in your Minors if they have exceeded 42 games however once you have moved them to your active roster after eclipsing 42 games they will not be able to return.
Fantasy Basketball Season Schedule Notes
- The 2016-17 Fantasy “Regular Season” runs from 10/25/16 to 4/12/17
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Finances
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Payment Structure
1st Year – $50.00
2nd Year – $75.00
3rd Year and beyond – $100.00
PAYOUT INFO (2015-16 & beyond)
- League Champion: 55% of the total league pot
- Runner-Up: 30% of the total league pot
- Third Place: 15% of the total league pot
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Scoring
- 3 Pointers
- FG %
- FT %
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Settings
- Maximum Total Players: 25
- Minimum Active Players: 0
- Maximum Active Players: 12
- Maximum Reserve Players: Unlimited
- Maximum Injury Reserve Players: Not Used
- Maximum Minor League Players: Not Used
- Prevent illegal rosters: Always
- Injury Reserve Enforcement type: None
You will be able to keep a majority of your rostered players (determined # each year) for the remainder of their NBA career. There are a number of ways to impact how many you can keep every year. The opportunities to build and develop your squad into a yearly contender are endless. This is a long term commitment with no tolerance for “one and done” types. The teams who stick it out and manage their team with even the minimal amount of attention can be successful. Quitters never win and winners never quit!
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Categories
- Point Guard (PG) – Minimum 0 active & Maximum 2 active
- Shooting Guard (SG) – Minimum 0 active & Maximum 2 active
- Small Forward (SF) – Minimum 0 active & Maximum 2 active
- Power Forward (PF) – Minimum 0 active & Maximum 2 active
- Center (C) – Minimum 0 active & Maximum 2 active
- Flex (FLX) – Minimum 0 active & Maximum 2 active
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Lineups
- Lineup Change System: Owners enter lineup changes
- Lineup changes are executed: Daily
- Lineup Changes are locked 0:01 (hours:minutes) Set amount of time before players game
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Trades
- Trade System: Owners propose their own trades, reviewed by Commissioner
- Maximum Trades per Team: Unlimited
- Trade Voting System: None
As of 2016-17, any trade accepted after week 6 for the NBA Fantasy Regular season will require a $50 deposit payable to LeagueSafe.com for the following season prior to processing.
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Add/Drops
- Claim/Drop Privileges: Owners perform their own claims & drops
- Max # of claims per season: 50
- Max # of claims per week: Unlimited
- Use Waiver Wire process: No
- Allow claims/drops before the draft: No
- Can’t drop list: Not Used
- Free Agent Claim System: Free for all (1st come 1st serve)
- Each team is given 50 Add/Drops to use during the Fantasy Regular Season only
- Add/Drops begin accumulating immediately following the last selection of your Free Agent Draft.
- All Add/Drops are a first come first serve transaction.
- Add/Drops are non-transferable and do not carry over from one season to the next.
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Rules & Guidelines
- Trades may be completed between any teams that have paid or earned credit towards the following season, made cuts to fill free agent pool.
- The Rookie and Free Agent Draft order will be the same throughout the entire draft
**For 1st Year Leagues, a serpentine draft order will be used for the 1st year ONLY. Reverse order for the Free Agent draft of the yearly Rookie Draft**
- The draft order will be determined by the order of finish for the previous season
- The open Free Agent period, when you can begin to add players via Free agency, will begin immediately after the draft is completed
**Roster maximums vary depending on the year your league is in**
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Draft
- Drafts are facilitated and managed by one of our Admins on the Fantrax.com “Draft Room” for each league
- All Drafts begin once all members have paid and the draft order has been determined
- Drafts are considered a “Slow Draft” with 3 hours per team, per pick and usually take up to 1-2 weeks to complete (20 Round AVG)
- In the event that a league fills inside 2 weeks of opening day for any sport a one day, host supported draft will be utilized. You may need to adjust your schedule to make the draft.
- Teams are notified via email when league is full and when the draft will begin
- All draft times are local and the clock runs from 10am-11pm EST everyday until the draft is completed, unless otherwise noted
- Once all teams are paid and confirmed the draft may begin unless a predetermined date has been set
- In the event that you miss your scheduled draft pick the system will automatically pick the player at the best ADP position for your league.
- All returning teams are awarded one (1) Free Agent pick per player dropped or cut during the offseason.
- Free Agent draft picks may be traded at will.
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Rookie Draft
- Each team will be awarded 3 Rookie Draft picks to begin their season
- These picks can be traded at any time
- The players selected in the Rookie Draft are the ONLY players eligible for the DSE Rookie of the Year Award
- If traded, they will lose their Rookie status and thus become ineligible for ROY
- The Rookie Draft is for any player designated with an (R)in Green in the Fantrax database. Yet to be drafted college or international players who are placed in the Fantrax database appear as N/A and are ineligible to be drafted or added via free agency. Your league Admin will monitor this during your draft and take the appropriate action to reverse and ultimately correct the selection if this occurs. Your cooperation is imperative in this regard.
- Players selected in the Rookie Draft will register one credit for their owner towards Free Agency cuts the following season, for the lifetime of their tenure on their drafted team
- Rookie Draft players cannot be submitted for Free Agent draft until all mandatory cuts have been made.
- *Please note that current NBA players, either under contract or unsigned free agents appear in the database with a status of N/A. These players are exempt and are ELIGIBLE to be drafted. They are merely holding out, in the process of signing or trying out for a new team.
**You are receiving a credit for keeping any 1st Year player on your roster for an entire season**
- Any undrafted Rookie becomes a Free Agent at the end of the Rookie Draft
- Rookie draft picks may be traded at will
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Post Draft
- You will be required to cut your roster down if you are over the league designated maximum. This will be done by a predetermined date set by the League Commissioner which usually is one week prior to opening day.
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Trades / Player Movement
- Multi-player or lopsided trades may be made. If so, the team with the roster vacancy may fill it by using an Add/Drop.
- Trades are official when both parties have accepted via the league host site and the League Commissioner has performed the “Approval” stage of the trade process. Please allow up to 24 hours for process completion
- The owner with the surplus must drop one player to make room on their roster. In the event your roster becomes illegal due to having too many players your team will not accrue any fantasy points for that day.
- Trade Deadline – See your league schedule
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Trade Restrictions & Tender Rules
Leagues use 3-Year Trade Restriction program that provides a sense of realistic, binding contractual ties to a player who has been a staple on your team. Once a player has completed his 3rd full season on your team he falls under our Trade Restriction Guidelines. If traded, the following outline of draft picks will be forfeited and if necessary payment for the following season will be required. Here is the breakdown of our Trade Restriction Guidelines and forfeiture outline:
-Trading a 3rd year player would result in forfeiture of a FREE AGENT pick starting with the 5th round pick from BOTH teams involved
-Trading of 2 3rd year players from the same team will result in forfeiture of 2 FREE AGENT picks starting with 5th and 4th rounds from BOTH teams.
-Trading of a 4th year player will result in forfeiture of a FREE AGENT pick starting with 3rd round from BOTH teams
-Trading of 2 4th year players from the same team will result in forfeiture of 2 FREE AGENT picks starting with 3rd and 2nd rounds from both teams.
- Any trade that results in multiple players of various years being dealt, Dynasty Sports Empire will always use the highest status player as the forfeiture guideline.
EXAMPLE – If a 4 and 5 year player is traded for a 4 year player the two 4 year players cancel out and the 5th year player remains in play.
- Once a player hits his 6th year, he no longer requires forfeiture of picks.
- There is no required forfeiture in the event that two teams trade players with equal service time.
The league commissioner will assign the correct forfeiture to each trade as it appears on the Fantrax trade confirmation screen. Once the trade is sent for submission it will be processed and accepted by the league. The trade will not be processed if the forfeited picks are not available.
Fantasy Basketball Roto League Offseason
- Every team will be designated a certain number of drops during the offseason
- “Drops” can only come from your final, end of previous season roster
- For each “Rookie” or Tenured player (3 or more years of continuous service) you will receive one credit towards your mandatory drops or cuts
- “Rookie Credits” are players who are drafted in the yearly DSE 3 Round Rookie Draft and have never been dropped, waived, released or traded
- Rookies who stay on your roster become 3 year Tenured players after their 3rd year of consecutive service time on your team
- Each returning team is required to submit their Free Agent drops by August 1st unless otherwise authorized
- Each team is required to submit payment for the following season by August 1st unless otherwise authorized
- Draft picks will be made available for trade immediately after payment is submitted.
CUSTOM AND PARTNER FANTASY BASKETBALL ROTO LEAGUES
- We offer businesses, blogs and other groups a great networking opportunity by participating in our Partner Leagues and having the option to have their brand associated with the League Name.
- We create the league with our settings then turn it over to you and your co-workers or friends to enjoy.
- Contact us a few months in advance to secure your league in time for the upcoming season.
DSE reserves the right to change, alter or amend any league guideline at any time. Based on recent developments some undrafted leagues may have time constraints that lead to changes in structure or standing. Contact our Fantasy League Commissioner, Darryl DiRocco for any questions or concerns.
ALL PAYMENTS TO OUR THIRD PARTY PAYMENT SITE, LEAGUESAFE.COM, ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE
Dynasty Sports Empire reserves the right to manage and maintain the integrity and longevity of its leagues by issuing judgments made by the Dynasty Sports Empire Administrative team. League changes, rulings and outcomes may be overturned at any time if the Administration does not believe said outcome was in the best interest of the league. Administration voting occurs and decides the outcome of any scenario that may be deemed inappropriate or not in the leagues best interest.
Fair Play and Conduct
While fantasy basketball is usually an extremely competitive endeavor, it is important to remember that enjoyment of the game is predicated on a certain level of sportsmanship displayed by the participants. Occasionally, some team owners intentionally or unknowingly cross the line.
PRIZE-ELIGIBLE LEAGUE RULES
*PAYOUTS WILL REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 30 DAYS FOR PROCESSING FROM THE DATE MARKING THE END OF THE CURRENT SEASON WHICH IS ON OR ABOUT OCTOBER 1ST.
- A: More than one team in the same league
- One person can’t control more than one team in the same league. If two or more teams in the same league are under the same account, they must be controlled by different people sharing that account, but not sharing the teams. Violation of this will lead to cancellation of the teams and expulsion from the game.
- If an owner finds himself in this situation by accident, he/she should e-mail the League Office immediately and explain the situation.
- B: Collusive transactions
- Collusion occurs when one team makes moves to benefit another team, without trying to improve its own position. One-sided trades are an obvious example of this. Another example is when a player drop is made so another team can pick up that player. Teams found in violation of this policy will be cancelled and their owners prohibited from participating in future Fantasy Games.
- C: Impeding other owners
- Certain transactions made solely to impede other owners is not allowed. Tanking games for the sole purpose of denying another player’s chance to make the playoffs is against the rules. In particular, cycling through players in free agency to put them on waivers and make them unavailable to other teams in your league is strictly prohibited and is grounds for expulsion from the game.
- D: Roster Dumping
- Owners that are found to have dumped their players to the player pool in an attempt to undermine the league may be subject to expulsion from the game. If you are giving up on the season, we ask that you maintain league strength by providing the other owners with the most competitive team you are able to field.
- E: Owner interaction
- Owners should always be polite and gracious when dealing with one another. Threats and obscenities are not only against the Rules, they are illegal in many jurisdictions. Owners that are found to have sent threatening email to another owner will be warned and/or kicked out of the game completely. This extends to message board posts as well.
- F: Offensive posts
- Any posts of a derogatory nature are strictly prohibited, whether it is in a chat room, message board or on a league’s bulletin board. This includes personal attacks and sexist or racist remarks. There will be a zero tolerance level – if someone in your league is violating this policy, please contact the League Office.
- G: Inactivity
- In order to maintain the integrity of the league, the commissioner may contact owners of teams that remain inactive for extended periods of time. The commissioner will send notification to the email of record. Shortly thereafter, if the team remains inactive, the commissioner reserves the right to reassign ownership of the inactive team.
- Team Management: Dynasty Sports Empire has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy towards any team owner who cannot perform the two basic tasks of Fantasy Basketball League gameplay: Setting a Lineup and trying to win every game you possibly can. Those who choose to neglect their lineup or team needs and cannot set a legal roster could face discipline up to and including removal from any Dynasty Sports Empire contest without refund. Discipline is decided upon by the Administration team. All rulings are final and cannot be appealed, reversed or changed. Activity is defined by the monitoring of daily log-in attempts, daily lineup changes and general daily roster maintenance.
The game is for fun! Creating confrontation in your league inevitably leads to a bad game experience for all involved. Play hard, but play fair! DynastySportsEmpire.com acts as the League Manager for all Prize-Eligible Leagues. The League Manager has the power to rule on all aspects of Dynasty Sports Empire’s Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League games, including but not limited to: League business, player trades, infractions of these rules and disputes among franchise owners. The League Commissioner will investigate all overall winners for collusion before awarding overall prizes and it has the right to disqualify owners or remove them from the league if deemed necessary. The decisions of the League Commissioner shall be final and irreversible. The League Commissioner has the right to make any necessary changes to the game and rules as the season progresses. Any changes will be properly noted on the homepage of the league. The use of DynastySportsEmpire.com and participation in the Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League game are subject to Fantrax.com’s guidelines which is incorporated into this rule set and the Fantrax.com Legal Restrictions.
Leagues are filling as you read this. Please feel free to contact us or tweet us at @LawrenceAMarino for more info. Thank you for choosing Dynasty Sports Empire and we’ll see you on the virtual court!