With the help of Fantrax.com, we incorporate just about every major facet of NBA Basketball into our scoring system, design and game-play. We utilize a very unique scoring system that awards points for point scored, rebound, 3 pointers, blocks, double-doubles, triple-doubles and even some negative scores for fouls and ejections by every NBA player. You will never miss out on gaining an edge on the scoreboard using our universal format.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Quick Outline
- $50 first year ($450 total pot), $75 2nd year ($700 total pot), 3rd year and beyond $100 ($1000 total pot)
- 12 teams per league for startups
- LIVE Rookie & Free Agent drafts via Fantrax.com
- 25 man rosters
- Slow draft with extended clock & email notifications via Fantrax.com (if enabled)
- Payments made safely and securely to LeagueSafe.com
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Prize Pool
- Year 1 – $450.00
- Year 2 – $700.00
- Year 3 and Up – $1000.00
Upon payment you will be contacted within 24 hours by one of our admins to confirm and authorize league invite
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League New Rules & Amendments for 2015-2016
- Dynasty Sports Empire has now fully transitioned to LeagueSafe.com as our third-party payment collection site. All fees will be payable/paid out by LeagueSafe.com. Future seasons may be rolled over to the new year before remaining balances are paid out. This is done on LeagueSafe.com by selecting the “League Roll-Over” feature. Balances after roll over will be available for the user to either cash out or leave in their account. If for any reason you are not returning you must notify your League Captain or our Fantasy Commissioner, Darryl DiRocco on or before August 1st
- As of 2015-16, any team that wishes to make a trade after Week 12 of the Fantasy Basketball regular season will need to submit a non-refundable $50 deposit towards the following season. Payment will be verified before the trade is processed. DSE will allow up to 48 hours for the payment and trade to be verified. Trades prior to Week 10 (Free Agent Draft excluding) that require the exchange of draft picks in future seasons will be subject to this rule as well.
- Yearly Add/Drop limits raised to 40 moves per team. Valid from the end of your Free Agent Draft until Noon, Monday of Week 19 or the first day of the Fantasy Basketball playoffs
- Drafts will now be held exclusively on Fantrax.com. Two separate drafts, one for Rookie and one for Free Agents will be held consecutively for each league.
- Defensive Player of the Year Award was eliminated. Award winnings were absorbed into Runner-Up and Regular Season Champion prizes.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Finances
- Most startup league drafts will begin 24 hours after the last league fee is paid.
- Fees for using Fantrax.com are taken out of all league dues
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Payment Structure
1st Year – $50.00
2nd Year – $75.00
3rd Year and beyond – $100.00
*Teams that were purchased/orphaned with the “best-offer” will have their fee raised to the appropriate level of payment for the corresponding season in which the owner has been in the league.
Ex. Year 2 for a new owner would be $75 if you purchased a team at the “best-offer” rate the previous year. In the event the “best-offer” exceeded $75 the 3rd year rate of $100.00 would apply.
PAYOUT INFO – 12 TEAM LEAGUE (2015-16 & beyond)
League Champion = $182 Year 1, $285 Year 2, $400 year 3 and up
Runner-Up = $76.00 Year 1, $120 Year 2, $175 Year 3 and up
Regular Season Champion = $76.00 Year 1, $120 Year 2, $175 Year 3 and up
Division Champion (3 Divisions per league) = $24 Year 1, $35 Year 2, $50 Year 3 and up
MVP (Most Fantasy points from starts) = $22 Year 1, $35 Year 2, $50 Year 3 and up
ROY (DSE Rookie Draft eligible players only, most Fantasy Points from starts) = $22 Year 1, $35 Year 2, $50 Year 3 and up
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Scoring
|Scoring Group||Scoring Category||Position||Points|
Double Doubles (2D)
Flagrant Fouls (FF)
Offensive Rebounds (OReb)
Personal Fouls (PF)
Technical Fouls (TF)
Three Pointers Made (3Pt)
Triple Doubles (3D)
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Settings
Maximum Total Players: 25
Minimum Active Players: 0
Maximum Active Players: 12
Maximum Reserve Players: Unlimited
Maximum Injury Reserve Players: Not Used
Maximum Minor League Players: Not Used
Prevent illegal rosters: Always
Injury Reserve Enforcement type: None
You will be able to keep a majority of your rostered players (determined # each year) for the remainder of their NBA career. There are a number of ways to impact how many you can keep every year. The opportunities to build and develop your squad into a yearly contender are endless. This is a long term commitment with no tolerance for “one and done” types. The teams who stick it out and manage their team with even the minimal amount of attention can be successful. Quitters never win and winners never quit!
|Pos||Min Active||Max Active|
|Point Guard (PG)||0||2|
|Shooting Guard (SG)||0||2|
|Small Forward (SF)||0||2|
|Power Forward (PF)||0||2|
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Lineups
Lineup Change System: Owners enter lineup changes
Lineup changes are executed: Daily
Lineup Changes are locked 0:05 (hours:minutes) Set amount of time before players game
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Trades
Trade System: Owners propose their own trades, reviewed by Commissioner
Maximum Trades per Team: Unlimited
Trade Voting System: None
As of 2015, any trade accepted after week 12 for the NBA Fantasy Regular season will require a $50 deposit payable to LeagueSafe.com for the following season.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Add/Drops
Claim/Drop Privileges: Owners perform their own claims & drops
Max # of claims per season: 40
Max # of claims per week: Unlimited
Use Waiver Wire process: No
Allow claims/drops before the draft: No
Can’t drop list: Not Used
Free Agent Claim System: Free for all (1st come 1st serve)
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Rules & Guidelines
- Trades may be completed between any teams that have paid or earned credit towards the following season, made cuts to fill free agent pool.
- The Rookie and Free Agent Draft order will be the same throughout the entire draft
**For 1st Year Leagues, a serpentine draft order will be used for the 1st year ONLY. Reverse order for the Free Agent draft of the yearly Rookie Draft**
- The draft order will be determined by the order of finish for the Playoffs & Championship.
- Non-Playoff teams will automatically have their draft position determined by the end of the regular season according to Win %, then most points scored.
- As you are eliminated from playoff contention, the team with the lowest regular season winning % will earn the next best draft slot.
- Add/Drops will be accepted at any time during the post-draft session and will count against your yearly total number of moves.
- The open Free Agent period, when you can begin to add players via Free agency, will begin immediately after the draft is completed
**Roster maximums vary depending on the year your league is in**
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Draft
- Drafts are facilitated and managed by one of our Admins on the Fantrax.com “Draft Room” for each league
- All Drafts begin once all members have paid and the draft order has been determined
- Drafts are considered a “Slow Draft” with 3-6 hours per team, per pick and usually take up to 1-2 weeks to complete (20 Round AVG)
- In the event that a league fills inside 2 weeks of opening day for any sport a one day, host supported draft will be utilized. You may need to adjust your schedule to make the draft.
- Teams are notified via email when league is full and when the draft will begin
- All draft times are local and the clock runs from 10am-10pm EST everyday until the draft is completed, unless otherwise noted
- Once all teams are paid and confirmed the draft may begin unless a predetermined date has been set
- In the event that you miss your scheduled draft pick the system will automatically pick the player at the best ADP position for your league.
- All returning teams are awarded one (1) Free Agent pick per player dropped or cut during the offseason.
- Free Agent draft picks may be traded at will
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Rookie Draft
- Each team will be awarded 3 Rookie Draft picks to begin their season
- These picks can be traded at any time
- The players selected in the Rookie Draft are the ONLY players eligible for the DSE Rookie of the Year Award
- If traded they will lose their Rookie status and thus become ineligible for ROY
- The Rookie Draft is for incoming first year, NBA Draft selected players ONLY or any player designated with an (R) in Green in the Fantrax database
- Players selected in the Rookie Draft will register one credit for their owner towards Free Agency cuts the following season, for the lifetime of their tenure on their drafted team
- Rookie Draft players cannot be submitted for Free Agent draft until all mandatory cuts have been made.
**You are receiving a credit for keeping any 1st Year player on your roster for an entire season**
- Any undrafted Rookie becomes a Free Agent at the end of the Rookie Draft
- Rookie draft picks may be traded at will
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Post Draft
- You will be required to cut your roster down if you are over the league designated maximum. This will be done by a predetermined date set by the League Commissioner which usually is one week prior to opening day.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Add/Drops
- Each team is given 40 Add/Drops to use during the Fantasy Regular Season only
- Add/Drops begin accumulating immediately following the last selection of your Free Agent Draft.
- The cutoff or Add/Drop deadline is 12pm (Noon) Monday, Week 19 or the first day of the Fantasy Basketball Playoff period.
- All Add/Drops are a first come first serve transaction.
- Add/Drops are non-transferable and do not carry over from one season to the next.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Trades / Player Movement
- Multi-player or lopsided trades may be made. If so, the team with the roster vacancy may fill it by using an Add/Drop.
- Trades are official when both parties have accepted via the league host site and the League Commissioner has performed the “Approval” stage of the trade process. Please allow up to 24 hours for process completion
- The owner with the surplus must drop one player to make room on their roster. In the event your roster becomes illegal due to having too many players your team will not accrue any fantasy points for that day.
- Trade Deadline – See your league schedule
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Trade Restrictions & Tender Rules
Leagues use 3-Year Trade Restriction program that provides a sense of realistic, binding contractual ties to a player who has been a staple on your team. Once a player has completed his 3rd full season on your team he falls under our Trade Restriction Guidelines. If traded, the draft picks outlined below will be forfeited by the two teams.
For 5th Year Players: Teams will forfeit their 1st Round Rookie pick & their 1st Round Free Agent Pick
For 4th Year Players: Teams will forfeit their 2nd Round Free Agent Pick
For 3rd Year Players: Teams will forfeit their 3rd Round Free Agent Pick
NOTE: This does not apply to players with 6 or more years of consecutive service time for one team
This is a non-negotiable transaction performed by a Dynasty Sports Empire administrator to your active draft board. In the event that you do not have the available pick to forfeit the next highest pick will be removed from your team. In the event that you need to forfeit a future pick in the following season, a non-refundable $50 deposit will need to be made to secure and process the transaction. The transaction will be held for 48 hours to allow for payment processing and confirmation delivery.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Postseason
- The division winners will earn the top seeds in the playoffs
- The final playoff spots will be given to the teams with the most wins
- Champion will be crowned at the end of the regular season
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Off-season
- Every team will be designated a certain number of drops during the offseason
- “Drops” can only come from your final, end of previous season roster
- For each “Rookie” or Tenured player (3 or more years of continuous service) you will receive one credit towards your mandatory drops or cuts
- “Rookie Credits” are players who are drafted in the yearly DSE 3 Round Rookie Draft and have never been dropped, waived, released or traded
- Rookies who stay on your roster become 3 year Tenured players after their 3rd year of consecutive service time on your team
- Each returning team is required to submit their Free Agent drops by August 1st unless otherwise authorized
- Each team is required to submit payment for the following season by August 1st unless otherwise authorized
- Draft picks will be made available for trade immediately after payment is submitted.
Dynasty Sports Empire reserves the right to manage and maintain the integrity and longevity of its leagues by issuing judgments made by the Dynasty Sports Empire Administrative team. League changes, rulings and outcomes may be overturned at any time if the Administration does not believe said outcome was in the best interest of the league. Administration voting occurs and decides the outcome of any scenario that may be deemed inappropriate or not in the leagues best interest. Dynasty Sports Empire reserves the right to change, alter or amend any league guideline at any time. Based on recent developments some undrafted leagues may have time constraints that lead to changes in structure or standing. Contact our Fantasy League Commissioner, Darryl DiRocco for any questions or concerns.
Fair Play and Conduct
While fantasy sports is usually an extremely competitive endeavor, it is important to remember that enjoyment of the game is predicated on a certain level of sportsmanship displayed by the participants. Occasionally, some team owners intentionally or unknowingly cross the line.
PRIZE-ELIGIBLE LEAGUE RULES
A: More than one team in the same league
One person can’t control more than one team in the same league. If two or more teams in the same league are under the same account, they must be controlled by different people sharing that account, but not sharing the teams. Violation of this will lead to cancellation of the teams and expulsion from the game.
If an owner finds himself in this situation by accident, he/she should e-mail the League Office immediately and explain the situation.
B: Collusive transactions
Collusion occurs when one team makes moves to benefit another team, without trying to improve its own position. One-sided trades are an obvious example of this. Another example is when a player drop is made so another team can pick up that player. Teams found in violation of this policy will be cancelled and their owners prohibited from participating in future Fantasy Games.
C: Impeding other owners
Certain transactions made solely to impede other owners is not allowed. Tanking games for the sole purpose of denying another player’s chance to make the playoffs is against the rules. In particular, cycling through players in free agency to put them on waivers and make them unavailable to other teams in your league is strictly prohibited and is grounds for expulsion from the game.
D: Roster Dumping
Owners that are found to have dumped their players to the player pool in an attempt to undermine the league may be subject to expulsion from the game. If you are giving up on the season, we ask that you maintain league strength by providing the other owners with the most competitive team you are able to field.
E: Owner interaction
Owners should always be polite and gracious when dealing with one another. Threats and obscenities are not only against the Rules, they are illegal in many jurisdictions. Owners that are found to have sent threatening email to another owner will be warned and/or kicked out of the game completely. This extends to message board posts as well.
F: Offensive posts
Any posts of a derogatory nature are strictly prohibited, whether it is in a chat room, message board or on a league’s bulletin board. This includes personal attacks and sexist or racist remarks. There will be a zero tolerance level – if someone in your league is violating this policy, please contact the League Office.
In order to maintain the integrity of the league, the commissioner may contact owners of teams that remain inactive for extended periods of time. The commissioner will send notification to the email of record. Shortly thereafter, if the team remains inactive, the commissioner reserves the right to reassign ownership of the inactive team.
The game is for fun! Creating confrontation in your league inevitably leads to a bad game experience for all involved. Play hard, but play fair!
Dynasty Sports Empire acts as the League Manager for all Prize-Eligible Leagues. The League Manager has the power to rule on all aspects of Dynasty Sports Empire’s Fantasy Football game, including but not limited to: League business, player trades, infractions of these rules and disputes among franchise owners.
The League Commissioner will investigate all overall winners for collusion before awarding overall prizes and it has the right to disqualify owners or remove them from the league if deemed necessary.
The decisions of the League Commissioner shall be final and irreversible. The League Commissioner has the right to make any necessary changes to the game and rules as the season progresses. Any changes will be properly noted on the homepage of the league.
The use of DynastySportsEmpire.com and participation in the Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League games are subject to MyFantasyLeague.com’s guidelines which is incorporated into this rule set and the Fantrax.com Legal Restrictions. This includes the additional fee Fantrax.com charges to host our leagues (Approximately $70.00-$100.00 per league, per year)
Leagues are filling as you read this. Please feel free to contact us or tweet us at @LawrenceAMarino for more info. Thank you for choosing Dynasty Sports Empire and we’ll see you on the virtual court!