With the help of Fantrax.com, we incorporate just about every major facet of NBA Basketball into our scoring system, design and game-play. We utilize a very unique scoring system that awards points for point scored, rebound, 3 pointers, blocks, double-doubles, triple-doubles and even negative scores for fouls by every NBA player. You will never miss out on gaining an edge on the scoreboard using our universal format.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Quick Outline
- $50 first year ($450 total pot), $75 2nd year ($700 total pot), 3rd year and beyond $100 ($1000 total pot)
- 12 teams per league for startups; at times a 10 team league may be available
- LIVE Rookie & Free Agent drafts via Fantrax.com
- 12 team leagues = 25 man rosters + 8 Minors // 10 team leagues = 22 man rosters + 5 minors
- Slow draft with extended clock & email notifications via Fantrax.com (if enabled)
- Payments made safely and securely to LeagueSafe.com
- You are able to keep a maximum of 12 players each year. In addition to the standard number of keepers you can also retain any players noted on your Fantrax roster as R1, R2 or 3 and up (designated with a C for Credit) without fear of having to cut them. These are what we refer to as “Credits”. Read more about our “Credit” system below.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Prize Pool
- Year 1 – $450.00
- Year 2 – $700.00
- Year 3 and Up – $1000.00
- Year 1 – $350
- Year 2 – $600
- Year 3 and Up – $800.00
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League New Rules & Amendments for 2017-2018
- Scoring Change: Personal Fouls lowered from -2 points to -1.5 points. There will no longer be negative points for a player being ejected; the entire scoring category is being removed. Division
- Realignment: Leagues will be converted to 2 Divisions of 6 teams each. Divisions will be realigned with the top 6 teams going to Division A, bottom 6 teams going to Division B. Each year, the top 2 ranked teams from Division B will move up to Division A. Bottom 2 ranked teams from Division A will move to Division B.
- Trade Restrictions: Restrictions will be removed. No loss of picks/compensation for year 3+ players effective immediately.
- Playoff Seeding: 6 team Playoffs, Top 2 seeds will receive a first round bye. Seeds 1-2 will be given to Division winners, with seeds 3-6 going to best records regardless of division.
- Payout Change: For twelve team leagues only, League Champion will be increased by the following totals: $24 Year 1, $35 Year 2, $50 Year 3 and up
- Draft Order Change: The 6 teams that do not make the playoffs will play in a consolation bracket to determine the Draft Order. The team with the worst record gets the 1 seed. The team with the 2nd worst record gets the 2 seed. The team with the 3rd worst record gets the 3 seed. The team with the 4th worst record gets the 4 seed. The team with the 5th worst record gets the 5 seed. The team that just misses the playoffs gets the 6 seed. Seed 1-2 will receive a bye. The winner of the consolation bracket will be awarded the 1.1 draft pick. Runner up will be awarded the 1.2 draft pick. The Remaining picks will be determined by elimination from the consolation playoff bracket.
Ten team leagues will feature a four team playoff.
- Future Rookie Picks: These are now tradeable commodities via fantrax.com for teams that make their $25 trade deposit.
Fantasy Basketball Season Schedule Notes
- The 2017-18 Fantasy NBA “Regular Season” runs from 10/17/17 to 3/4/2018.
- The 2017-18 Fantasy Playoffs consist of 6 teams, the 2 Division Winners and the remaining top 4 teams according to Fantasy Points then Head to Head record.
- The 2017-18 Fantasy Playoffs start on 3/5/18 and end on 4/1/2018.
- During the Regular Season teams will play within the division 3 times. The remainder of the schedule is randomly selected.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Finances
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Payment Structure
1st Year – $50.00
2nd Year – $75.00
3rd Year and beyond – $100.00
PAYOUT INFO – 12 TEAM LEAGUE (2015-16 & beyond)
League Champion: $208 Year 1, $320 Year 2, $450 year 3 and up
Runner-Up: $76.00 Year 1, $120 Year 2, $175 Year 3 and up
Regular Season Champion: $76.00 Year 1, $120 Year 2, $175 Year 3 and up
Division Champion (2 Divisions per league): $24 Year 1, $35 Year 2, $50 Year 3 and up
MVP (Most Fantasy points from starts): $22 Year 1, $35 Year 2, $50 Year 3 and up
ROY (DSE Rookie Draft eligible players only, most Fantasy Points from starts): $22 Year 1, $35 Year 2, $50 Year 3 and up
PAYOUT INFO – 10 TEAM LEAGUE (2015-16 & beyond)
League Champion: $140 Year 1, $240 Year 2, $320 year 3 and up
Runner-Up: $60.00 Year 1, $100 Year 2, $136 Year 3 and up
Regular Season Champion: $60.00 Year 1, $100 Year 2, $136 Year 3 and up
Division Champions (Two (2) 5-team Divisions per league): $22.50 Year 1, $40 Year 2, $52 Year 3 and up
MVP (Most Fantasy points from starts): $22.50 Year 1, $40 Year 2, $52 Year 3 and up
ROY (DSE Rookie Draft eligible players only, most Fantasy Points from starts): $22.50 Year 1, $40 Year 2, $52 Year 3 and up
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Scoring
|Scoring Group||Scoring Category||Position||Points|
Double Doubles (2D)
Flagrant Fouls (FF)
Offensive Rebounds (OReb)
Personal Fouls (PF)
Technical Fouls (TF)
Three Pointers Made (3Pt)
Triple Doubles (3D)
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Settings
Maximum Total Players: 25
Minimum Active Players: 0
Maximum Active Players: 12
Maximum Reserve Players: Unlimited
Maximum Injury Reserve Players: Not Used
Maximum Minor League Players: Not Used
Prevent illegal rosters: Always
Injury Reserve Enforcement type: None
You will be able to keep a majority of your rostered players (determined # each year) for the remainder of their NBA career. There are a number of ways to impact how many you can keep every year. The opportunities to build and develop your squad into a yearly contender are endless. This is a long term commitment with no tolerance for “one and done” types. The teams who stick it out and manage their team with even the minimal amount of attention can be successful. Quitters never win and winners never quit!
|Pos||Min Active||Max Active|
|Point Guard (PG)||0||2|
|Shooting Guard (SG)||0||2|
|Small Forward (SF)||0||2|
|Power Forward (PF)||0||2|
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Lineups
Lineup Change System: Owners enter lineup changes
Lineup changes are executed: Daily
Lineup Changes are locked 0:01 (hours:minutes) Set amount of time before players game
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Add/Drops
Claim/Drop Privileges: Owners perform their own claims & drops
Max # of claims per season: 40
Max # of claims per week: Unlimited
Use Waiver Wire process: No
Allow claims/drops before the draft: No
Can’t drop list: Not Used
Free Agent Claim System: Free for all (1st come 1st serve)
- Each team is given 40 Add/Drops to use during the Fantasy Regular Season only
- Add/Drops begin accumulating immediately following the last selection of your Free Agent Draft.
- The cutoff or Add/Drop deadline is 12pm (Noon) Monday, Week 20 or the first day of the Fantasy Basketball Playoff period.
- All Add/Drops are a first come first serve transaction.
- Add/Drops are non-transferable and do not carry over from one season to the next.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Trades
Trade System: Owners propose their own trades, reviewed by Commissioner
Maximum Trades per Team: Unlimited
Trade Voting System: None
As of 2017-18, any trade accepted once the draft is completed will require a $25 deposit payable to LeagueSafe.com for the following season prior to processing.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Divisional Re-Alignment Guidelines
Each year the divisions will realign in an effort to keep the competition strong between teams. There are three ways that Divisions can and will be realigned, outlined below:
- Standard: The team who wins their division moves up to the next best division, the team who finishes worst in their respective division moves down one division.
- Startup: All startup leagues will have divisions aligned according to draft order. Once Fantrax has randomized and posted the draft order DSE will list each team from 1-12 in their corresponding four division setup as 6-6.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Rules & Guidelines
- Trades may be completed between any teams that have paid or earned credit towards the following season, made cuts to fill free agent pool.
- The Rookie and Free Agent Draft order will be the same throughout the entire draft
**For 1st Year Leagues, a serpentine draft order will be used for the 1st year ONLY. Reverse order for the Free Agent draft of the yearly Rookie Draft**
- The draft order will be determined by the order of finish for the Playoffs & Championship.
- Non-Playoff teams will automatically have their draft position determined by the end of the regular season according to Win %, then most points scored.
- As you are eliminated from playoff contention, the team with the lowest regular season winning % will earn the next best draft slot.
- Add/Drops will be accepted at any time during the post-draft session and will count against your yearly total number of moves.
- The open Free Agent period, when you can begin to add players via Free agency, will begin immediately after the draft is completed
**Roster maximums vary depending on the year your league is in**
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Draft
- All Drafts begin once all members have paid and the draft order has been determined
- Drafts are considered a “Slow Draft” with 3 hours per team, per pick and usually take up to 1-2 weeks to complete (20 Round AVG)
- Teams are notified via email when league is full and when the draft will begin
- All draft times are local and the clock runs from 10am-11pm EST everyday until the draft is completed, unless otherwise noted
- Once all teams are paid and confirmed the draft may begin unless a predetermined date has been set
- In the event that you miss your scheduled draft pick the system will automatically pick the player at the best ADP position for your league.
- Free Agent draft picks may be traded at will
- Teams will be issued enough picks to fill their roster once all cuts are made (3 Rookie + XX FA)
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Rookie Draft
- Each team will be awarded 3 Rookie Draft picks to begin their season
- These picks can be traded at any time
- The players selected in the Rookie Draft are the ONLY players eligible for the DSE Rookie of the Year Award
- If traded they will lose their Rookie status and thus become ineligible for ROY
- Players selected in the Rookie Draft will register one credit for their owner towards Free Agency cuts the following season, for the lifetime of their tenure on their drafted team
- *Please note that current NBA players, either under contract or unsigned free agents appear in the database with a status of N/A. These players are exempt and are ELIGIBLE to be drafted. They are merely holding out, in the process of signing or trying out for a new team.
- Any undrafted Rookie becomes a Free Agent at the end of the Rookie Draft
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Post Draft
- You will be required to cut your roster down if you are over the league designated maximum. This will be done by a predetermined date set by the League Commissioner which usually is one week prior to opening day.
- Any player with less than 42 games played will be eligible to stay on your Minor League Roster. Fantrax will update the status of your players every day and you will be notified on your league team page once a player has created an illegal roster for you based on their current NBA status. Players may remain in your Minors if they have exceeded 42 games however once you have moved them to your active roster after eclipsing 42 games they will not be able to return
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Trades / Player Movement
- Multi-player or lopsided trades may be made. If so, the team with the roster vacancy may fill it by using an Add/Drop.
- Trades are official when both parties have accepted via the league host site and the League Commissioner has performed the “Approval” stage of the trade process. Please allow up to 24 hours for process completion
- The owner with the surplus must drop one player to make room on their roster. In the event your roster becomes illegal due to having too many players your team will not accrue any fantasy points for that day.
- Trade Deadline – See your league schedule
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Postseason
- The division winners will earn playoff spots, however placement is based on overall standings position.
- 6 teams from each league make the postseason.
- The playoff spots will be given to the teams with the most wins, then by most total Fantasy points scored as a tie-breaker.
- 12-team leagues support a 6 team playoff with the top 2 seeds receiving byes during the first week of the fantasy postseason; 10-team leagues support a 6 team playoff with the top 2 seeded teams earning byes in the first postseason period.
- Champion will be crowned at the end of Period 23.
- At the conclusion of each season the worst team in the Division will move down to the lower division.
- The Division winning teams will move up to the next best division.
Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League Offseason
- Every team will be designated a certain number of drops during the offseason
- “Drops” can only come from your final, end of previous season roster
- For each “Rookie” or Tenured player (3 or more years of continuous service) you will receive one credit towards your mandatory drops or cuts
- “Rookie Credits” are players who are drafted in the yearly DSE 3 Round Rookie Draft and have never been dropped, waived, released or traded
- Rookies who stay on your roster become 3 year Tenured players after their 3rd year of consecutive service time on your team
- Each returning team is required to submit their Free Agent drops by August 1st unless otherwise authorized
- Each team is required to submit payment for the following season by August 1st unless otherwise authorized
- Draft picks will be made available for trade immediately after payment is submitted.
Dynasty Sports Empire reserves the right to manage and maintain the integrity and longevity of its leagues by issuing judgments made by the Dynasty Sports Empire Administrative team. League changes, rulings and outcomes may be overturned at any time if the Administration does not believe said outcome was in the best interest of the league. Administration voting occurs and decides the outcome of any scenario that may be deemed inappropriate or not in the leagues best interest. Dynasty Sports Empire reserves the right to change, alter or amend any league guideline at any time.
Fair Play and Conduct
While fantasy sports is usually an extremely competitive endeavor, it is important to remember that enjoyment of the game is predicated on a certain level of sportsmanship displayed by the participants. Occasionally, some team owners intentionally or unknowingly cross the line.
PRIZE-ELIGIBLE LEAGUE RULES
A: More than one team in the same league
One person can’t control more than one team in the same league. If two or more teams in the same league are under the same account, they must be controlled by different people sharing that account, but not sharing the teams. Violation of this will lead to cancellation of the teams and expulsion from the game.
If an owner finds himself in this situation by accident, he/she should e-mail the League Office immediately and explain the situation.
B: Collusive transactions
Collusion occurs when one team makes moves to benefit another team, without trying to improve its own position. One-sided trades are an obvious example of this. Another example is when a player drop is made so another team can pick up that player. Teams found in violation of this policy will be cancelled and their owners prohibited from participating in future Fantasy Games.
C: Impeding other owners
Certain transactions made solely to impede other owners is not allowed. Tanking games for the sole purpose of denying another player’s chance to make the playoffs is against the rules. In particular, cycling through players in free agency to put them on waivers and make them unavailable to other teams in your league is strictly prohibited and is grounds for expulsion from the game.
D: Roster Dumping
Owners that are found to have dumped their players to the player pool in an attempt to undermine the league may be subject to expulsion from the game. If you are giving up on the season, we ask that you maintain league strength by providing the other owners with the most competitive team you are able to field.
E: Owner interaction
Owners should always be polite and gracious when dealing with one another. Threats and obscenities are not only against the Rules, they are illegal in many jurisdictions. Owners that are found to have sent threatening email to another owner will be warned and/or kicked out of the game completely. This extends to message board posts as well.
F: Offensive posts
Any posts of a derogatory nature are strictly prohibited, whether it is in a chat room, message board or on a league’s bulletin board. This includes personal attacks and sexist or racist remarks. There will be a zero tolerance level – if someone in your league is violating this policy, please contact the League Office.
In order to maintain the integrity of the league, the commissioner may contact owners of teams that remain inactive for extended periods of time. The commissioner will send notification to the email of record. Shortly thereafter, if the team remains inactive, the commissioner reserves the right to reassign ownership of the inactive team.
The game is for fun! Creating confrontation in your league inevitably leads to a bad game experience for all involved. Play hard, but play fair!
Dynasty Sports Empire acts as the League Manager for all Prize-Eligible Leagues. The League Manager has the power to rule on all aspects of Dynasty Sports Empire’s Fantasy Football game, including but not limited to: League business, player trades, infractions of these rules and disputes among franchise owners.
The League Commissioner will investigate all overall winners for collusion before awarding overall prizes and it has the right to disqualify owners or remove them from the league if deemed necessary.
The decisions of the League Commissioner shall be final and irreversible. The League Commissioner has the right to make any necessary changes to the game and rules as the season progresses. Any changes will be properly noted on the homepage of the league.
The use of DynastySportsEmpire.com and participation in the Fantasy Basketball Dynasty League games are subject to Fantrax.com’s guidelines which is incorporated into this rule set and the Fantrax.com Legal Restrictions. This includes the additional fee Fantrax.com charges to host our leagues (Approximately $70.00-$100.00 per league, per year)
Leagues are filling as you read this. Please feel free to contact us or tweet us at @LawrenceAMarino for more info. Thank you for choosing Dynasty Sports Empire and we’ll see you on the virtual court!