DSE Dynasty Fantasy Basketball Leagues
Here you will find everything you need to know about our Dynasty Basketball leagues. There is no league specific information here, only general and universal DSE Basketball information.
League Host: Fantrax
14 Team leagues are split into 3 Divisions
12 team leagues split into 2 Divisions
|Scoring Group||Scoring Category||Position||Points|
Double Doubles (2D)
Flagrant Fouls (FF)
Offensive Rebounds (OReb)
Personal Fouls (PF)
Technical Fouls (TF)
Three Pointers Made (3Pt)
Triple Doubles (3D)
Maximum Total Players: 20
Minimum Active Players: 0
Maximum Active Players: 12
Maximum Reserve Players: Unlimited
Maximum Injury Reserve Players: Not Used
Maximum Minor League Players: Not Used
Prevent illegal rosters: Always
Injury Reserve Enforcement type: None
|Pos||Min Active||Max Active|
|Point Guard (PG)||0||2|
|Shooting Guard (SG)||0||2|
|Small Forward (SF)||0||2|
|Power Forward (PF)||0||2|
Lineup Change System: Owners enter lineup changes
Lineup changes are executed: Daily
Lineup Changes are locked 0:05 (hours:minutes) Set amount of time before players game
Trade System: Owners propose their own trades
Maximum Trades per Team: Unlimited
Trade Voting System: None
Claim/Drop Privileges: Owners perform their own claims & drops
Max # of claims per season: 14 ( Free Agents: 14 , Waiver Wire: Not Used )
Max # of claims per week: Unlimited
Use Waiver Wire process: No
Allow claims/drops before the draft: No
Can’t drop list: Not Used
Pending claims/drops are viewable by: One’s own team
Free Agent Claim System: Free for all (1st come 1st serve)
Pending claims/drops are viewable by: One’s own team
To join a DSE Basketball League please submit payment via the PayPal link on the right to secure your spot in our next available opening. A confirmation email will be sent once payment has been received.
Here is the outline for our Dynasty League Rules & Regulations as of the 2011-12 Fantasy Basketball season:
Rules & Guidelines
All league fees are due August 1st
Draft will begin within 24 hours of the last paid league fee
League Champion = 40%
Runner-Up = 12%
Regular Season Champion = 13%
Division Champion = 5% x 3
MVP = 10% (Most Fantasy points, top getters split if within 50 pts)
ROY = 5% (DSE Rookie Draft eligible players only, NBA ROY Award wins)
DMVP = 5% (NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award)
EXPANSION TEAM/1st YEAR PAYMENT STRUCTURE
1st Year – $50.00
2nd Year – $75.00
3rd Year and beyond – $100.00
- All roster size limits are removed during the off-season to accommodate trades
- There is no roster freeze period
- Trades may be completed between any teams that have paid or earned credit towards the following season
- The Rookie, Expansion and Free Agent Draft order will be the same throughout the entire draft
**For 1st Year Leagues, a serpentine draft order will be used for the 1st year ONLY. Reverse order for the Free Agent draft of the yearly Rookie Draft**
- The draft order will be determined by the order of finish for the Playoffs & Championship.
- The bottom teams will automatically have their draft position determined by the end of the regular season according to Win %, then most points scored.
- As you are eliminated from playoff contention, the team with the lowest regular season winning % will earn the next best draft slot.
- Once draft is completed all teams will take their roster into NBA camp and preseason.
- Only trades will be allowed as transactions.
- Drops will be accepted at any time during the post-draft session
- The open Free Agent period, when you can begin to add players via Free agency, will begin once every team has cut their rosters down to the XX-man roster max
**Roster maximums vary depending on the year your league is in**
- Any player can be waived or released for any available free agent player.
- If a team is under the XX-man threshold they may add players at will until they reach the max during the open Free Agency period
Draft Event Info
- Drafts are facilitated and managed by one of our Admins in our Skype Community
- Each league has a designated “Draft Room” within the Skype Community
- All Drafts begin once all members have paid and the draft order has been determined
- Drafts are considered a “Slow Draft” with 3-6 hours per team, per pick and usually take up to 1-2 weeks to complete (20 Round AVG)
- In the event that a league fills inside 2 weeks of opening day for any sport a one day, host supported (Yahoo, Fantrax, MFL etc.) draft will be utilized. You may need to adjust your schedule to make the draft in person.
- Teams are notified via email when league is full and when the draft will begin
- All draft times are local and the clock runs from 8am-Midnight everyday until the draft is completed
- Once all teams are paid and confirmed the draft may begin unless a predetermined date has been set
- All draft picks are entered into a fully visible online document via GoogleDocs
- Each team will be awarded 2 Rookie Draft picks to begin their season
- These picks can be traded at any time
- The players selected in the Rookie Draft are the ONLY players eligible for the Rookie of the Year Award
- The players selected in the Rookie Draft can only be waived/released before cut down day during their first season
- After cutdown day, Rookies cannot be released or waived, only traded to another team during their first season.
- If traded they will lose their Rookie status and thus becomes ineligible for ROY, Players must be in the current database
- The Rookie Draft is for incoming first year players ONLY
- Players selected in the Rookie Draft will register one credit for their owner towards Free Agency cuts the following season, for the lifetime of their tenure on their drafted team
- Rookie Draft players cannot be submitted as a DROP for Free Agent draft until all mandatory cuts have been made.
**You are receiving a credit for keeping any 1st Year player on your roster for a entire season**
- Any undrafted Rookie becomes a Free Agent at the end of the Rookie Draft
EXPANSION DRAFT(If necessary, in established leagues only)
- Each expansion team will be awarded 2 exclusive Free Agent picks.
- These picks are made before any returning team has a chance to select any Free Agent player
- Teams that did not return have had all players returned to the eligible Free Agent pool
- Expansion Draft picks are non-transferrable cannot be traded prior to the pick selection
- The Expansion Draft order is determined by two DSE Admins in your Skype league chatroom via lottery
FREE AGENT DRAFT
- All returning teams are awarded one (1) Free Agent pick per player dropped or cut during the offseason.
- Expansion teams will be awarded enough Rookie Draft, Expansion and Free Agent Draft picks to fill their roster to its maximum.
- Free Agent and Rookie Draft picks may be traded at will
- You may Drop players ONLY, at will, anytime between the end of the draft and the roster cutdown day (Usually scheduled one week before opening day)
- Each year every team will play one RIVAL game matchup
- RIVALS are selected during the final rounds of your League Draft
- Returning winners of the RIVAL game are given priority and will be allowed to “Re-Up” with their previous seasons challenger
- The winner of the RIVAL game will earn a sandwich pick between the 2nd and 3rd Free Agent Rounds
- Winning RIVAL teams who have lost their previous challenger will select their new opponent from the loser or new team pool.
- The worst team from the previous year that won their RIVAL game will pick their opponent first. (See priority rule above)
MIDNIGHT MADNESS EVENT
Each league features a “Midnight Madness” scenario where during the week prior to opening day each team has the chance to perform free Add/Drops if they are at or under the roster threshold. Midnight Madness dates are different for each league. Teams will be notified via email and are to report to their respective Skype chatgroup for access to the first hour of transactions. At 12AM EST of the predetermined date (usually 6-8 days prior to opening day) all teams may post their first come, first served claim in the Skype chatroom LIVE in real-time. The owner with the first, correctly posted transaction gets to claim that player. Claims are for any and all available Free Agents listed in your league specific database.
Midnight Madness Skype Guidelines
- ONLY one transaction per post in Skype Chatgroup
- Once a player has been released he can be added immediately by another team
- All transactions must use correct terminology ie; ADD Player A (Full Name, no abbreviations), DROP Player B (Full Name)
- All transactions are awarded according to time stamp on League Admin screen. Proof of time stamp (screenshot) will be provided for disputes.
- Each team is given 1 Add/Drop per Regular Season Matchup, as per DSE Universal Settings
- The cutoff or Add/Drop deadline is the last day of the regular season at 11:59pm
- All Add/Drops are a first come first serve transaction
- Add/Drops are non-transferrable and do not carry over from one season to the next
- Any Non-Expansion Draft Pick or player can be traded
- Trades can be done via text, email, phone and in person.
- There will be no rescinding of trades.
- Once the league is notified by both parties it is a done deal.
- Multi-player or lopsided trades may be made. If so, the team with the roster vacancy may fill it without being charged an Add/Drop.
- The owner with the surplus must drop one player to make room on their roster
- Trade Deadline – See your league schedule
TRADE RESTRICTIONS & TENDER RULES
Leagues use 3-Year Trade Restriction program that provides a sense of realistic, binding contractual ties to a player who has been a staple on your team. Once a player has completed his 3rd full season on your team he falls under our Trade Restriction Guidelines. If traded, players need to be sent with minimum compensation in the form of draft picks and payment for the following season. Here is the breakdown of our Trade Restriction Guidelines and minimum compensation:
If you are acquiring a….5th Year Player
You would need to include in your deal a…1st-3rd RD FA & 1st-2nd RD Rookie
For 5th Year Players: Choose any 2 picks: 1st-3rd Round FA & 1st-2nd Round Rookie
For 4th Year Players: Choose any 1 pick 2nd-4th Round FA OR 1st-3rd Round Rookie
For 3rd Year Players: Choose any 1 pick 3rd-5th Round FA OR 2nd-3rd Round Rookie
- The division winners will earn the top seeds in the playoffs
- The final playoff spots will be given to the teams with the most wins
- Champion will be crowned at the end of the regular season
- At the conclusion of each season the worst team in the Division will move down to the lower division for the following season
- The Division winning teams will move up to the next highest division
- Roster size limits are removed in the offseason
- Any cuts or changes will need to be done the week of opening day
- Every team will be designated a certain number of drops during the offseason
- “Drops” can only come from your final roster
- No players acquired in the offseason can be used as part of your mandatory drops for the Free Agent Draft
- For each “Rookie” or Tenored player (3 or more years of continuous service) you will receive one credit towards your mandatory drops or cuts
- Rookies are players who are drafted in the Rookie Draft and have never been dropped, waived, released or traded
- Rookies who stay on your roster become 3 year Tenured players
- Each team is required to submit their Free Agent drops by August 1st
- Each team is required to submit payment for the following season by August 1st
- Draft picks will be made available for trade immediately after payment is submitted.
8% of all league fees taken for Administrative purposes