Dynasty Sports Empire (DSE) is excited to announce the creation of the Orphan Savers. This hand-selected group of DSE members will manage a single orphan team for the season (with limited restrictions – i.e., being allowed to trade everything except next season’s draft picks). Their function is to attempt to rebuild or rehabilitate the orphan in question into something that can be adopted in the future.
The ” saved ” orphan will remain on the DSE website with two (current plus next), three, or four-year pricing options. Once the orphan sells, it will be business as usual.
Requirements to become a DSE Orphan Saver
- DSE member for, at least, 4 years.
- Active in the main room offering help to other members.
- Solid track record for managing teams with no violations for not setting rosters, etc.
- MUST AGREE TO THE RULES OF BEING AN ORPHAN SAVER
DSE Orphan Saver Rules
- Since there is not a way to prevent a single team from trading draft picks, the Orphan Saver will work on the “honor system” and agree to not trade future draft picks in the event the orphan team sells mid-season.
- The primary idea to build credits, balance hitters and pitchers, blend prospects, current youth and veteran players to not only be a competitive team but, more importantly, building towards the future.
- If the Orphan Saver wishes to purchase the team, they MUST pay for both the current and next season before the DSE trade deadline in order to potentially win the leagues full prize money; otherwise they will only be entitled to HALF the prize money for the current season.
- Communicate with the other DSE Orphan Savers, Baseball Commissioner and DSE President throughout the season about the progress being made with the orphan.
- Help indentify future candidates to potentially be added to the DSE Orphan Savers group.
- Help indentify orphans to potentially be included into the DSE Orphan Savers program.
- Abide by all the standard DSE Terms and Coniditions.
What happens with the prize pool for the league in question?
A single entry for the season will reduce the prize pool.
What happens if the orphan being saved makes the playoffs?
The Orphan Saver would be entitled to HALF the prorated prize money for finishing as either the RSC, Champion, Runner-Up, or Third Place winner; the other half of the money would go into next season’s orphan fund. In addition, if the Orphan Saver decides to purchase the team before the DSE trade deadline, they would be entitled to the total amount of the standard DSE prize money for the league mentioned above awards. If the Orphan Saver purchases the team after the DSE trade deadline, they will still only be entitled to HALF the prize money for the season.
How do I become a DSE Orphan Saver?
There isn’t an application process since this is a hand-selected group of DSE members. It is, however, a vetting process between a select group of DSE personnel and volunteers.
If my league has a single orphan, will that team automatically be enrolled in the DSE Orphan Saver program?
No! Since the program requires the prize pool for the year in question to be potentially lowered, all current paid members of the league must unanimously vote to enroll the team in the Orphan Saver program.
What does it mean to have the prize pool “potentially” lowered for the season?
Since the Orphan Saver will not pay the yearly fee, the total money collected will be one buy-in short, which means the total prize pool, and all prize money will be reduced by a fixed percentage (i.e., 1/10th, 1/12th, 1/14th, etc. – based on the total members of the league) for the season. The prize pool will become full if the orphan sells before the season is complete.
What if I want to purchase an orphan currently enrolled in the Orphan Saver program?
All orphans currently enrolled in the Orphan Saver program will be available to purchase through the DSE website. However, these orphans will require a minimum of a two-year commitment (both the current season and the next) to take over the team.